DronePortalDrone Nationals organised by Drone-Racing Belgium
10-04-2016 08:00 - 19:30
DronePortal, that is the name of the indoor drone spectacle that will take place on April 10th at "DronePort" in Brustem, Limburg. Drone racers from all over the benelux will come fly their camera-equiped drones though a fully decorated course to find out who is the fastest of them all. 44 pilots will go head to head with their home-built drones.
We will provide big TV screens for spectators to see what the pilots see in their goggles and be immersed into the action-packed battle. People interested in drone-racing and/or novice pilots will have the opportunity to see the pros at work and even have a meet and greet with them after the tournament. Spectators will get a chance to fly a racing drone in the Belgian drone-racing simulator Liftoff inside the awesome GameMania tourbus.
The goal for this event is not only to select the first of five pilots to win a ticket to the ERSA Euro Cup in Spain and Drone Worlds in Hawaii later this year, but also to show people what an incredible sport drone-racing is. Drones shouldn't be known for warfare or privacy concerns, but for racing!
Everybody is welcome. Entrance for spectators is completely free!
DronePortal is a Drone-Racing Belgium qualifier event.
What to expect
- netting between the track and the spectator area (safety first!)
- a crazy, fully decorated track
- a bunch of cool prizes
- 3 huge screens (2 for spectators and 1 in the pit area for pilots) with live video editing
- live music by DJ Denim (Versuz Hasselt) and DJ Gill (Reflex Club Westerlo)
- Red Bull surprise
- food truck
- afterparty / meet-and-greet with the pilots
- try drone-racing for yourself in the GameMania tourbus (Liftoff - the drone-racing simulator)
Address (zoom in on the map to see the exact location)
Spectators: During the qualification rounds, most pilots will take it easy just to get to know the track and look for the perfect flow through the track. The start of the tournament at 13:00 is the sweetspot to come and enjoy the spectacle as pilots will be flying fast through the track in order to proceed though the tournament. The stakes are high and risks will be taken! Of course you can also come at noon and have lunch with the pilots and crew.
- 08:00 - Pilots welcome
- 08:20 - Doors open
- 08:40 - Registration / Technical check / Frequency planning
- 09:30 - Qualification round 1
- 10:30 - Qualification round 2 / Spectators welcome
- 11:30 - Tiebreakers
- 12:00 - Lunch (food and drinks will be for sale)
- 13:00 - Double elimination, single final tournament
- 18:00 - Prizes and dinner (food and drinks will be for sale)
- 18:20 - Afterparty / meet-and-greet with the pilots
- 19:30 - End
All pilots get 2 qualification rounds. These are flown in groups of 4. The goal is to complete as many laps within a fixed timeframe (probably 3 or 4 minutes, to be decided once we have testflown the track ourselves). Incomplete laps do not count, flying 3,99 rounds counts as 3. When you miss a gate, you have to go back for it. Not doing so will result in that lap not being counted.
After 2 qualification rounds, your best result count. In case of equal scores, the sum of your 2 qualification rounds will be used. If that results in ex aequo's as well, those pilots will have to fly a tie-breaker (2 laps, winner goes on to the tournament).
The 16 pilots with the best score will go on to compete in a double elimination, single final tournament for awesome prizes.
Technical details for pilots
- This qualifier will be flown by the FAI rules (available for dowload here)
- No VML / AAM / FAI documents required. Everyone is allowed to participate.
- No limitations on equipment. 3s 5030, 4s 6045, everything goes as long as you can control it.
- Make sure your failsafe is set to motors off (not idle). This will be checked at the start of the event. Drones without proper failsafe settings will not be allowed to fly.
- Due to timing constraints, a maximum of 3 drones per pilot will be allowed through the technical check.
- As usual, only 5.8GHz 25mW video transmitters will be allowed.
- To provide an optimal experience for spectators, the big screens will be tuned to ImmersionRC channels 1 (5740 MHz), 3 (5780 MHz), 5 (5820 MHz) and 7 (5860 MHz). We will not be using raceband. Make sure your video transmitter is able to transmit on the listed frequencies (and bring your manual so you know the dipswitch / led combinations).
- Make sure you have easy access to your video transmitter in order to switch between ImmersionRC channels 1, 3, 5 and 7. You will be asked to change channels as you progress through the tournament.
- You will be handed a frequency during the technical check at the start of the event.
- There will be no free flying during this event, not even with fpv gear turned off. Make sure your quad is properly tuned and ready to go.
- Only the best 16 pilots will advance to the tournament, so go out there and practice, practice, practice!
Results (Double-elimination tournament)
- Price for DRB+ members: € 10.00
- Price for non-DRB+ members: € 20.00
- Price for spectators: FREE
- Environment: Indoor flying and pilot area
- Distance to parking: 11 - 25m
- 220 Volt: Available in pilot area
- Food available: Yes
- Drinks available: Yes
- Driving directions: Google Maps
Closed at 09-04-2016 21:00
+JaZzMaN251 (Nick Puylaert) XY.FPV (Malte L.) +FreeZillion (David Van Wulpen) Xplorer (Tim Mertens) +FinalFrag (Massimo Mertens) SD-Copter (Sam Devos) +Hangloose Davis (Davis Helvensteijn) +CarbonV (Victor Van der Elst) epic_racer (Jasper Levrouw) JP-Copter (Jasper Persyn) Muinckadelic evengi (Lowie Lesschaeve) Timmay (Tim Van Vliet) GhettoDino (Dino Joghi) Karanwan (Karan Gharbharan) Djon (Djon Di Benedetto) Thomio (Thomas Helvensteijn) Tarzan FPV (Juan Sacco) Lorenzo Skylex (Alexandre Madroux) +SonAndDad (Mauro L.) Brun (Bruno Seeldrayers) Gill. (Gillian Van de Perre) +MetallDanny (Danny Metall) VINCBEE (Vincent Delcommene) Maxime (Maxime Bastin) StarnFPV (Arnaud Stoumont) +jelle737 (Jelle L.) pablo SemAnd (Sem Andeweg) KokkieFPV (Patrick Kok) SynTaX (Jurgen Van de Perre) Shaggy FPV (Ralph Hogenbirk) TaurusFPV (Pieter Bos) BorisB (Boris Bozic) JEDEYE_FPV (Vince Irie) +X-FOOT (Hans Turpyn) speef696 (Stefan van dorland) +Optic (Jarno Willemarck) the storm (Thiemo Van Bost) Quentin Syr Big C
Martin Habets Sander N Kevin Haelterman Steven Nagels Erwin Lavens (2 people) Vincent Brauns (3 people) Marek Piepers (2 people) Johan van Geek (2 people) Yarni Pels (2 people) Kris Kramer Koen Henderickx (2 people) Pieter B (2 people) Bart Cerneels Wim Schreurs Mario Geboors Yves Lantin (2 people) Vital Schonkeren Ben Jorissen Tamara Mesuere (4 people) Patrick Bosmans (2 people) Cedric Verlinden (2 people) Kris Lenaerts Pavlo Sulimenko (2 people) emmanuel vandeputte (5 people) Dimitri Galli Jeremy Baeyens Hans Merken (2 people) Jozef Joghi (2 people) Gunther Vandezande (3 people) Ale Cozzutto (2 people) vincent lemage (2 people) Michael Bynens (3 people) Ben de keyser (2 people) Bonney Thora (2 people) Dylan De Letter Lorenz Van Campenhout (2 people) Benoit Verstraeten (4 people) Merel Braeckman Jeremy Bamps Simon Blesing (2 people) Pieter Van Nuffel (2 people) Peter Dedrij (3 people) Guido Smets (2 people) gunter mathijs (2 people) Nina Weil (4 people) Arend Derycke Floris Kocken (2 people) Jonas H Philippe Delahaut (2 people) Mathieu Wittoeck (2 people) Frank Broux Glenn Boulangier (3 people) marc theuwis peter mohnen (2 people) Jo Habils (2 people) Helena Joghi Inge Van Waeyenberge (3 people) Bart Cerneels Rein Van de kant Davy D. (4 people) Maxime Toubeau (4 people) Paul Lambrechts Wim Vastmans (2 people) Stefan Milissen (4 people) Alain Donné (2 people) Wim Van den Eynde (2 people) Ben Curvers (2 people) Wim De Rons